Wednesday, February 2, 2011

№ 9 DREAM

#33 OF 365

№ 9 DREAM
~~~
This is an ACEO I have
in my personal collection!
I was working on random cards
and loved the way this one turned out!
So I am keeping it!


I used a photo that I had taken
of a number 9 that was on
the side of an old train car
as my background! I used
paint, ink and stamps on it
to give it that grungy
rustic look!

I am lovin the way it turned out!!
~~~
ACEO stands for "Art Cards, Editions and Originals."
ACEOs are small, collectible pieces of art,
always 2.5" x 3.5",
the same size as sports trading cards.
They can be rendered in any medium or style.
Some of my ACEOs are originals,
but I often also sell prints
(called "editions," numbered and signed)
ACEOs are based on ATCs (Artist Trading Cards)
which, by definition, are only traded, never sold.
When the worldwide general public
(including non-artists)
became interested in owning and
collecting these mini artworks,
the ACEO acronym was created on eBay
to distinguish them from ATCs
and to provide a venue for artists to sell these small,
highly affordable and collectible artworks.
~~~

All artwork designs are the property of
Beth Kingery & Red Heart Studio
and are not to be copied, printed or
sold in any form without permission.
Thank you! © Red Heart Studio 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment